Social enterprises and nonprofits often lack enough resources for effective marketing. If you’re working with such organizations, you may be facing this challenge.
It would be a challenge to drive social impact results without enough marketing resources.
The list of free digital marketing tools for social enterprises and nonprofits that I’m going to mention below will help you overcome this challenge.
There are better alternatives available for some of the applications mentioned below. But, I have focused only on free marketing resources in this post.
Website Building and Hosting Platforms
Website Building Platforms
WordPress is the most popular website building platform in use on the Web. At the time of writing this, around 60 million websites are running on WordPress platform. WordPress is free to use. But you need to buy a website hosting service to store your website data.
Weebly, and Wix are the other two most-used platforms to build websites and blogs. They are self-hosting platforms which means you no need to buy a web hosting service. Both offers drag and drop site builders which help you launch a website fast and with ease. You don’t need any technical skills to work on these platforms.
- WordPress is much more customizable than Weebly and Wix. Also, there are many thousands of plugins are available to add more functionality to your website. But, you need to put much more efforts to learn WordPress. If you want to build a unique and comprehensive website, WordPress is the right choice. This video by WPBeginner helps you in building a WordPress website with ease.
- Weebly Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $8/month
- Wix Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $2/month
You can read the complete review of the three platforms here.
Website Hosting Services:
I don’t have much knowledge about website hosting services. I used GoDaddy a couple of times. I didn’t face any challenges. Also, their service is good. But many experts suggest Bluehost. You can read the detailed review of website hosting services on WPBeginner.
Growth Marketing Tools
You can use the following tools to create pop-up forms of different styles as shown in the following figure. Pop-up forms are highly effective in converting your site visitors into leads or subscribers.
- Hubspot Free Marketing: I love this tool. It helped me capture many leads for my previous organization. Also, you can integrate this tool with HubSpot free CRM.
- Sumo offers a suite of marketing tools to increase website traffic and capture leads or subscriber details. It offers advanced options for designing pop-up forms.Sumo Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $24/month
Email Marketing Tools
- mailChimp Pricing: Free up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month. Premium plans start from $10/month
- sendinblue Pricing: This is my personal favourite. Very easy to use. Free up to 600 emails/month. Premium plans start from $25 per month. You can manage SMS marketing too.
A landing page is where the audience lands on when they have clicked on an ad in an online campaign. It is a single web page which helps you capture the details of leads generated from the online campaigns.
- Launchrock: A website builder dedicated to early customer acquisition. Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $5/month
- ONTRApages Pricing: Free
- Onesie for WordPress Pricing: Free
- Ucraft Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $6/month
- Landerapp Pricing: Plans start from $16/month
Social Media Management Tools
Social media management tools help you manage three important tasks:
- manage and schedule posts
- track the performance of your content
- and manage all the social media accounts in a single place
- Hootsuite Pricing: Free for 3 social media channels. Premium plans start from as low as $0.5/month
- Buffer Pricing: Free for 3 social media channels. Premium plans start from $10/month
- MAVSOCIAL Pricing: Free for two social media channels. Premium plans start from $19/month
- Zoho Social Pricing: Plans start from $8.3/month. You can manage all the major social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google+) with the basic plan.
- SOCIALPILOT Pricing: Plans start at $10/month
Social Amplification Tools
Social media amplification tools help you in reaching more and more audience.
- sharethis: This free tool enables you to share buttons on your website to increase the reach of your content on channels such as social media, email, WhatsApp and SMS.
- clicktotweet: The easiest way to share your content with a sharable Click-to-Tweet link. It is free.
- Thunderclap: Thunderclap is a crowd-speaking platform that allows a large group of people to share a single message together at the same time. Thunderclap Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $55/campaign
- RebelMouse: Centralized and Social CMS. You can push your content to all of your sites or blogs and social media platforms at once.
RebelMouse Price: NA
CRM Tools and Apps
- HubSpot CRM: HubSpot is free with all features and no time limit! It is very easy to use and customizable.HubSpotCRM Apps:
- Zoho CRM: Zoho CRM is the easiest, highly customizable and feature-rich CRM. You can integrate it with other free Zoho tools like Zoho Workplace and Zoho Forms.
Zoho CRM Price: It is free for 10 users. Premium plans start from $12/month.Zoho CRM Apps:
- Bitrix24 Free CRM: Bitrix24 is a feature-rich and very easy to use CRM. It comes with additinal features like making and receiving calls and marketing automation. You can integrate it with various apps.Also, it offers collaboration tools for nonprofits that help you manage volunteers, discuss ideas and set tasks for each other.Bitrix24 Free CRM apps:
Content Creation Tools
Use the following tools to create beautiful visual content. You can create infographics, presentations, flyers, posters, and reports with no design experience. Free plans are available on all the platforms.
Free Animated Video Making Tools
Biteable Pricing: Free up to 5 video projects a month. Premium plans start from $8.25.
Renderforest Pricing: Free (Up to 3 minutes video). Premium plans start from $9.99.
Animaker Pricing: Free (Up to 2 minutes video and maximum of 5 exports in a month). Premium plans start from $12.
- Kizoa: Free online video maker and slideshow maker.
Kizoa Pricing: Free(1-minute video/1GB storage/standard resolution). Premium plans start from $29/month.
- iMovies: iOS-based video maker.
Team Management and Productivity
Trello Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $9.99
Redbooth Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $9
Slack Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $6.67
asana Pricing: Free. Premium plans start from $9.99
Document Management and Collaboration
The following tools help you create and edit documents online while collaborating with other users in real-time.
- Zoho Docs zoho Docs
Pricing: Free. Premium plans start $5/month.
- Google Docs Google Docs
Pricing: Free for personal use. Plans for companies start from $5/month.
Let me know what resources I’m missing in the comments and share this post with the Changemakers you know.